Sunday, February 15, 2009
This week has been extremely tiring for me. Knowing that I am not one that goes out very often. I have been out for the entire week.
Monday: NS Medical Checkup Tuesday: Supposedly ... a job interview Wednesday: Supposedly ... celebrate B’day with Kevin but ended up going out with my Cousin Thursday: Went to send the girls off Friday: Went out to have dinner with my cousin and an old neighbour Saturday: Spend the day watching movie with Wei Liang
Today, Sunday was extremely tiring yet fun. The guys are back playing basketball again around 16 of us turned up. Played from 2.15pm till 7.15pm, it’s been ages since I played 5 hours, and what’s most memorable was that my team won all 15 games. We were unstoppable, I had like 30 shot blocks. Its the first time I won so many games and block so many shots.
It’s been a feasting season ever since Chinese New Year, day after day it was buffet after buffet, snacks after snacks, steamboat after steamboat and supper after supper. It’s all going to stop tomorrow, time to get back to the routine based lifestyle and to work on the promises I made to myself.
The “Curious Case of Benjamin Button” was pretty alright, well what left the greatest impact was the part about it’s not nice to get younger instead of older. It reminds me of a scene in the movie Rocky 5. What I liked a lot too, was the part about how the author made the lives of people affecting one another.
Here are some quotes that I love a lot. "For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again." – Benjamin Button
"Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance." – Benjamin Button
(I’m not a great fan of boxing, in fact I know nuts about it but I believe that there are always words of wisdom to learn from everyone. You know, there’s wasn’t really many people to give me advice when I really needed it. Sometimes learning from seers from the past actually fills this gap of mine. I too wish that I had coach, that would scold me giving me good advice when I need it etc... I hope that I would have a basketball coach in the future. I know that with my mediocre skills I wouldn’t make it into the NBA but you know, I just want to be part of something big and it’s never too late to start. Look at people like Manu Ginobili from the the San Antonio Spurs. He entered the league really late at the age of 25, and also he was the first from Latin America to join the NBA. Look at some others like Gilbert Arenas nicknamed agent 0. Nobody saw his talent, some even mocked that he would have 0 game play time in matches. What happened to these people? They turned out great. )
the origin.8:26 PM
Name: Perry Tan Z.Y
Birthday: 22nd December 1988
Religion: Christian
Personality: INFJ
Loves: Basketball, Anime, HK, Korean and Chinese Dramas, Hanging out with friends, Watching Movies, "You Know ...", Gaming and Chinese Music
Hates these Traits ... Arrogance, Injustice, Insensitivity and Running Away (Even though I tend to run away a lot)
Wishlists: Enlightenment, Thought-Antagonist, Time Travel Machine, The other Puzzle Piece and A book called "How to become a Better Man"